"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
50-hr course in teaching English to young learners (CTEYL) no tutor
Although teaching English to adults is common all over the world, teaching English to young learners makes up a large proportion of the worldwide TEFL industry and is actually one of its fastest growing sectors. This specialized form of teaching requires several different skills and techniques in order to create the environment necessary to deliver an effective teaching program. With this in mind, our CTEYL course has been designed to provide you with these skills, therefore improving your teaching ability and your employment prospects.
When teaching English to adults it is usually true that they have freely chosen to attend your class, something that cannot always be said when teaching young learners. To address this difference, this course looks at educational theories, teaching methodologies and specific activities that can be drawn upon to keep your students interested and motivated in the classroom.
CTEYL Target Group
- This course is designed for those who are already TEFL/TESOL or equivalent certified.
- The course is designed for teachers who are currently working or intend to work within the field of teaching English to young learners.
- No previous experience or training in young learners’ education is required to complete this course.
CTEYL Course Units
- Unit 1: Course Introduction
- Unit 2: Teaching and Learning
- Unit 3: Course Development
- Unit 4: Materials
- Unit 5: Teaching Themes
- Unit 6: Professional Development
This course is designed in the same way as our standard 60-hour and 120-hour TEFL certification courses. Once you feel you have fully absorbed the material for each unit, your understanding of its contents will be evaluated before moving on to the following unit.
You will be given up to six months to complete all aspects of the course, and within this maximum time frame you will be free to work at whatever pace you prefer. Upon successful completion of all the units, we will send you your online Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners.
CTEYL Course Aims
Upon successful completion of the Certificate in Teaching English to Young Learners, graduates should be able to:
- Use industry standard terminology to discuss and evaluate the process of teaching English to young learners.
- Develop a course syllabus that targets the specific needs of their own students.
- Create effective lesson plans with clear ideas on how to deliver them to different student groups in an engaging manner.
- Choose resources and create materials that are suitable for young learners.
- Design assessment strategies for use before, during and after a course.
- Fully understand the role of an English teacher in a variety of teaching situations and classroom environments that are specific to young learners.
- Use their understanding of the industry to identify and follow up on opportunities for career development.