Due to the rapid growth of global business practices, the ability to speak English in the work place has become an increasingly sought after skill. Because of this continuing trend, the demand for teachers who are qualified to teach English in the field of business is rapidly increasing and it is now one of the fastest growing markets in the TEFL industry. Completing a specialized qualification in this field will not only increase your overall knowledge and skills, it will also increase your employment options all over the world.
To become an effective business English teacher it is not at all necessary to have prior experience or an extensive knowledge of the business world as the majority of the language skills you teach will be much the same as for any other language learner. However, there are certain needs that are specific to this field, and through this course you will learn how to adapt your existing knowledge and skills to suit them.
CTBE Target Group
- This course is designed for those who are already TEFL/TESOL or equivalent certified.
- The course is designed for teachers who are currently working or intend to work within the field of business English.
- No previous experience or training in business education is required to complete this course.
CTBE Course Units
- Unit 1: Course Introduction
- Unit 2: Teaching and Learning
- Unit 3: Course Development
- Unit 4: Materials
- Unit 5: Teaching Themes
- Unit 6: The business English world
- Summative Task
This course follows the same online structure as our main 60-hour and 120-hour TEFL courses. Once you have fully studied the material for each unit, your understanding of it will be assessed before you move on to the next unit.
On completing the test you should check your answers and review your work. When you have successfully completed all units, by scoring 75% or more on average, you will then complete a final task.
CTBE Course Aims
Upon successful completion of the Certificate in Teaching Business English, graduates should be able to:
- Use industry standard terminology to discuss and evaluate the process of teaching English in a business environment.
- Develop a course syllabus based on the specific needs of their own students.
- Create practical, effective lesson plans with clear ideas on how to deliver them to different student groups.
- Choose resources and create materials that are suitable for a business English lesson.
- Design assessment strategies for use before, during and after a course.
- Fully understand the role of a business English teacher in a variety of teaching situations and classroom environments.
- Use their knowledge of the industry to identify and pursue good opportunities for career development.
In order to take this specialized course you need to have already completed a TEFL certification course of at least 120-hours duration, either with ITTT or any other course provider. If you are already TEFL certified and would like to add this extra qualification to your portfolio, you can apply using the following link/form.
If you are yet to complete a TEFL certification course, the best option is to sign up for one of our great value course packages. The course in teaching business English (CTBE) is included in all three of our multi-course options; the 220-hour Master Package, the 470-hour Professional Package, and the 550-hour Expert Package. For full details of these popular course options follow the links below.