"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
Check out our Special
Offer for this
Make a deposit payment to secure your place on a course before the end of the month and qualify for a free advanced level online course. You can choose from the 50-hour young learners (CTEYL) or business English (CTBE) certificate courses or the 250-hour online diploma course.
TEFL Courses in Athens | Greece
Athens is a place where history meets the present to create an exciting and vibrant city. The hub of one of the most famous civilizations in history, Athens was formed over 3000 years ago upon the rock of Acropolis. It spawned some of the greatest minds of all times and is of huge significance to fields such as art, history, philosophy and religion. Athens became capital of Greece in 1834 and since then has become an important European capital city.
The home and origin of the Olympic Games also hosted the games in 2004, something it was able to do in no small part due to the new airport, metro and tram lines and railway services and a whole host of shopping and sport centers. The port of Piraeus has also been transformed into one of the most important Mediterranean ports. The reminders and treasures of the past combined with the dazzling features of the ‘new’ Athens makes it a fantastic location to take your TEFL course.
The historical significance of Athens is clear to see and this makes it hugely popular with tourists. The highlight is probably the famed Acropolis, thought the ancient theatre of Dionysus the original Herodes Odeon, hills of Pnyx and Filopapos, ancient Agora and temple of Hephaestus push it close. Athens has almost too many sites of historical interest to list, the best advice is just to go out and explore!
If you are looking for shops, cafes and restaurants, Plaka is very popular, while those who want to see traditional whitewashed houses built amongst winding streets and steps should visit Anafiotika.
Getting around Athens is not be a problem, with buses, trams and the metro service available. For those who love to shop, Athens has something for you. Amongst the modern stores and chains to be found in the famous shopping areas of Ermou Street and Aiolou Street, you can also visit the local markets, most famously found at Monastiraki.
Food lovers will also find Athens to their taste with a whole host of Greek and Ethnic foods available.
If the sheer amount of History and things to do gets too much there are plenty of beaches in which to recharge those batteries. Vouliagmeni, Varkiza, Glyfada and Kavouri beaches are all nearby, with Alimos nearest to the centre of Athens. The east coast of Attica also has sea resorts which are very popular with the local population.
Why Complete a TEFL Course in Athens?
- Our TEFL International centre in Athens in the downtown area near to the Athens University campus.
- Your teaching practice will be done with real Greek learners of English, the perfect way to prepare yourself for the realities of the classroom.
- Our trainers have a maximum of five trainees each, so you are sure of receiving plenty of individual attention.
- Our centre has close ties with the main sources of TEFL jobs in Greece, so we are the perfect people to help you find a suitable position in Greece.
- We also have an extensive networks of partners to help you find jobs anywhere in the world.
- Professional advice and guidance throughout your TEFL career.
- A choice of accommodation regardless of your preference or budget.