Check out tefl tesol about Programs Diploma TEFL and apply today to be certified to teach English abroad.
You could also be interested in:
This is how our TEFL graduates feel they have gained from their course, and how they plan to put into action what they learned:
It was an insightful and rewarding experience for me to take this course. It was definitely pretty organized and covered all areas needed to enter a classroom even if you have no prior experience in teaching. It was a great addition to my professional development.
The unit notes were clear and had a lot of examples. Feedback was quick and to the point. I was really encouraged to think how to apply theory into practice. I love teaching the english
language. This course taught me how to make it interesting and entertaining.
I have learnt a great deal about the language which had been forgotten or not learnt before. Teaching in a classroom involves a lot of dedication. How to do it and where to focus? This course organized the way I see teaching and certainly gave me a plan to rely on.
Some of the points that were a gain:
• Focus on problematic areas in a classroom and suggestions to solve them: classroom management, lesson objectives, how to introduce new material and check for understanding.
• Ways to look at teachers and learners: helped me look differently at my lessons and decide how to put teaching sequence together.
• Examples on teaching the four skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking.
• Many resources and links provided in the units to help my preparation.
• How to use physical presence and how to organize the classroom to be more effective and efficient.
• How to engage students and keep them motivated with the difference in level and culture present today in classes.
I was teaching my 7th year and coaching 3 other teachers. I intend to use this knowledge and organization to help my teachers reorganize the way they are doing their job if I keep this job. I will definitely use the material when I do professional development sessions to train new teachers and organize my own lessons and classes. I intend to teach adults. I will use what I learned to make it more fun and interesting.