Check out tefl tesol about Company Recognised TEFL and apply today to be certified to teach English abroad.
You could also be interested in:
This is how our TEFL graduates feel they have gained from their course, and how they plan to put into action what they learned:
• The course has given me an appreciation of how complex english
grammar is. I have picked up most of my language abilities by using the language and from extensive reading. Because the process started at a very young age, I have never had to think too much about how it all works. The course revealed complexity that I had taken for granted.
• Becoming aware of this complexity has given me greater insights into the challenges that learning the language presents for someone with another mother tongue. I am also trying to learn some Mandarin at the moment, which really puts it into context.
• The course has made me realize that while being a native speaker is important with regard to modeling, knowing what one is talking about is even more important. A thorough understanding of how the language works is a pre-requisite for effectively teaching it.
• The framework for lesson planning has been useful. The course has highlighted the need for distinct engage, study and activate components. I have already found that ensuring a balance between them improves the lesson.
• The course has provided lots of other practical tips, together with the names of various resources.
• By doing this course, I have become more aware of the need to be sensitive to student’s needs and to customize the teaching accordingly.
• The course, together with my teaching experience since October, has clarified where I want to go with this. I am well placed to add value in an outcomes focused business english
teaching role. I am looking forward to finding out more about this from the Business english
• I have learned from the course that the teacher needs a lot freedom to be able to deliver lessons that are right for the students’ requirements, adding maximum value in terms of the learning process. I will in the future ensure that any position I consider provides this freedom.