Forest Park, Oklahoma TESOL Online & Teaching English Jobs
Do you want to be TEFL or TESOL-certified in Oklahoma? Are you interested in teaching English in Forest Park, Oklahoma? Check out our opportunities in Forest Park, Become certified to Teach English as a Foreign Language and start teaching English in your community or abroad! Teflonline.net offers a wide variety of Online TESOL Courses and a great number of opportunities for English Teachers and for Teachers of English as a Second Language.
Here Below you can check out the feedback (for one of our units) of one of the 16.000 students that last year took an online course with ITTT!
This unit looks at common problems teachers may face and suggests ways to deal with them. Teachers may encounter problems during first lessons, with warmers, different levels, large classes, the use of native language, reluctant students and listening difficulties.
- During first lessons, the teacher could focus on: establishing rapport amongst students (in case of a new group) and also betweem him/her and the class, and finding out the students' needs and aspirations with English and also their levels. This can be done through surveys and other communicative activities.
- The teacher may also face the problem of inspiring and motivating the students at the start of the lesson. Warmer activities such as Hangman, pictionary, tongue twisters, etc. can be used to stimulate students' mood.
- Concerning students with different levels, the teacher can: use different materials, same materials but different tasks, pair stronger students with weaker ones or yet don't do anything.
- When faced with a large class, the teacher can use worksheets, pair/group work, clarity of voice, choral repetition, etc for a successful lesson.
- There's also the use of native language during lessons. To prevent this, the teacher should make sure tasks are at the appropriate level of the students and also give clear explanations. Students should be encouraged to use English were appropriate.
- The teacher can also also come across reluctant students who don't want to participate in class. He/she can use pair work, controlled activities or role play to ensure thier maximum involvement in the lesson.
- Lastly, students sometimes have difficulties listening to texts. The teacher should make sure the tape is clear enough and should always pre-teach difficult vocabulary that may be found in the text.