Cherry Creek, New York TESOL Online & Teaching English Jobs
Do you want to be TEFL or TESOL-certified in New York? Are you interested in teaching English in Cherry Creek, New York? Check out our opportunities in Cherry Creek, Become certified to Teach English as a Foreign Language and start teaching English in your community or abroad! Teflonline.net offers a wide variety of Online TESOL Courses and a great number of opportunities for English Teachers and for Teachers of English as a Second Language.
Here Below you can check out the feedback (for one of our units) of one of the 16.000 students that last year took an online course with ITTT!
Some of the methods involved in teaching the English language are;
1. Grammar translation-this involves direct translation from the native language of the student to English.
2. Audio lingualism- focuses on repetitive drilling.
3. Presentation, practice and production- presents a language in the context that students are familiar with, activities in the new language are given to the students with which to practice with, and students use the language in an activity set up by the teacher.
4. Task-based learning- focuses on activity completion rather than strict language forms.
5. Communicative language teaching- students learn and practice language through interaction.
6. Community language learning- students sit a circle and pick a topic they like and discuss it.
7. The silent way- the teacher is silent and allows students to discover the language by themselves.
8. Suggestopaedia- oral review of a previous lesson, presentation and discussion of the new language and then students listen to relaxing music while the teacher reads a new dialogue.
Engage, Study, and Activate is a method of language teaching where the teacher engages the students by arousing their interest and getting them fully involved in the lesson, elicit a response from them through study and the students activate the language by role play.
From this unit, I understand that there is no universally accepted way of teaching the English language effectively, but the ESA method is the best approach as it incorporates all the other teaching methods.