Big Flats, New York TESOL Online & Teaching English Jobs
Do you want to be TEFL or TESOL-certified in New York? Are you interested in teaching English in Big Flats, New York? Check out our opportunities in Big Flats, Become certified to Teach English as a Foreign Language and start teaching English in your community or abroad! Teflonline.net offers a wide variety of Online TESOL Courses and a great number of opportunities for English Teachers and for Teachers of English as a Second Language.
Here Below you can check out the feedback (for one of our units) of one of the 16.000 students that last year took an online course with ITTT!
TEACHING RECEPTIVE SKILLS.
Reading and listening - there are various reasons for reading and listening. these include:
* to achieve a purpose.
* for entertainment.
* and a mix of both.
There are a number of skills required to understand a text/dialogue. they are,
* predictive - to predict the content of a text from the headline of an article.
* to scan for a piece of specific information such as a text from the President's speech.
* to skim through an article to get the general gist.
* detailed information - this is reading in order to understand everything in detail.
The problems associated with reading and listening is the language, such as sentence length, word length and using words that are unfamiliar to the students. this can be tackled by,
* pre-teaching vocabulary.
* careful selection of texts that are compatible with the students' abilities.
* topics - choose topics that are of interest to the students.
* tasks - choose tasks that promote understanding.
From this unit, I learnt the purposes of reading and listening, the skills required and how to tackle problems arising from language difficulties.