St. Francisville, Louisiana TESOL Online & Teaching English Jobs
Do you want to be TEFL or TESOL-certified in Louisiana? Are you interested in teaching English in St. Francisville, Louisiana? Check out our opportunities in St. Francisville, Become certified to Teach English as a Foreign Language and start teaching English in your community or abroad! Teflonline.net offers a wide variety of Online TESOL Courses and a great number of opportunities for English Teachers and for Teachers of English as a Second Language.
Here Below you can check out the feedback (for one of our units) of one of the 16.000 students that last year took an online course with ITTT!
Resources found in classrooms and students centers
• White/black board
• Interactive whiteboard
• Overhead projector
• Visual aids
• Work sheets and work cards
• Cassette recorder
• CD player
• Videos and DVDs
• Video camera
• Courses books
• Resource books
• Online resources
1- The board
Basic principles for board work:
• Start with a clean board
• Write legibly and neatly
• Use the correcting writing tool for the board
• Keep the board clear and easy to read
• Try to section off the board, to give areas for vocabulary, grammar and notes,
• Use different colors and or underlining or circling to highlight particular language points to focus on, or to show irregularities differences in language etc.
• Adjust the size of your writing t the size of the board
• Only put essential or requested information on the board
• Erase what is no longer needed
• Avoid unnecessary capitalization
• Test and have a back up plan
• System selection and location
• IWB training regime
• Lesson planning with IWB
• Making your own IWB lesson plan
• Using the IWB as a screen
Sheets of paper or car can be used to cover parts of the OHT, allowing the teacher to review information gradually.
They can be used for reading gap-fill exercises.
They can be kept in a file and reused time and time again.
Some OHPs can be complicated or troublesome to set up effectively.
The class may need reorganizing to allow for an uninterrupted projection path.
Many different types of visual aids can be used in the classroom, but the most common are real objects, pictures and photos.
Worksheets and work cards
• To adapt publisher materials
• To write your own exercises with authentic materials
• To make cards (role-play) for communication activities
The cassette recorder
More modern technology is replacing it, but it is still very useful. Make sure you know how to make the tape works and if the content is appropriate.
Same as cassettes.
Videos and DVDS
Videos are much easier to understand and hold more attention.
Smartphones can have a high quality camera and this equipment can be very useful.
The single most useful tool available for the students. Teachers should encourage the use of English- English dictionaries.
Resources books range from grammar exercises book, through communication games books.
Ex: Essential Grammar in Use, Raymond Murphy, Elementary Communication Games, Jill Hadfield
Almost all schools have.
Videos video clips
Dave’s ESL Café (www.eslcafe.com)
• Literature and poetry