Wheeling, Indiana TESOL Online & Teaching English Jobs
Do you want to be TEFL or TESOL-certified in Indiana? Are you interested in teaching English in Wheeling, Indiana? Check out our opportunities in Wheeling, Become certified to Teach English as a Foreign Language and start teaching English in your community or abroad! Teflonline.net offers a wide variety of Online TESOL Courses and a great number of opportunities for English Teachers and for Teachers of English as a Second Language.
Here Below you can check out the feedback (for one of our units) of one of the 16.000 students that last year took an online course with ITTT!
Grammar may seem like second nature to us, but for those who aren't fluent in English, it can be difficult and requires a lot of work. Here is a brief description of the parts of speech in the English language:
1. nouns - names people, places, things, animals, qualities, states. Can be countable (books, houses) or uncountable (music, history)
2. adjectives - describe nouns. When there are multiple adjectives, go in this order: size --> age --> color --> material
2a. Comparisons - In regular cases, when using adjectives to compare, add "-er than".
3. Articles - used to refer to a noun, either indefinite (a, an) or definite (the)
4. Verb - "doing" word.
4a. Auxiliary verb - helps form a sentence structure for other verbs. These verbs are do, have, and be.
5. Adverbs - describe or add further meaning to a verb.
6. Gerunds - the "-ing" form of a verb that is used as a noun in a sentence (the word "watching" in the sentence "We enjoy watching TV.")
7. Pronouns - can be used in place of more specific nouns
8. Prepositions/Conjunctions - Prepositions show the relationship between a noun and another word in a sentence. (the word "at" in the sentence "I am at the park" joins "I" and "park"). Conjunctions can join words or groups in a sentence (and, but, before, because).