White Oak Farms, Delaware TESOL Online & Teaching English Jobs
Do you want to be TEFL or TESOL-certified in Delaware? Are you interested in teaching English in White Oak Farms, Delaware? Check out our opportunities in White Oak Farms, Become certified to Teach English as a Foreign Language and start teaching English in your community or abroad! Teflonline.net offers a wide variety of Online TESOL Courses and a great number of opportunities for English Teachers and for Teachers of English as a Second Language.
Here Below you can check out the feedback (for one of our units) of one of the 16.000 students that last year took an online course with ITTT!
This unit talks about the different tests that teachers can use to evaluate students' levels and progress, as well as the external tests that we might need to help students prepare for.
The first section of this unit talks about several different tests that the teacher can use. Throughout this unit, I have learned about the following types of tests, along with their common usage:
- Placement test: Used to grade students' language level prior before placing them to their proper class level.
- Diagnostic test: Used to assess students' weaknesses and strengths at the beginning of the course to help the teacher prepare lessons and materials that enable students to work on their weaknesses.
- Progress test: Used to check on what information has been retained and what information has been forgotten (daily quizzes, midterms and final exam tends to be the most common types of progress test).
- Practice test: Designed to prepare students for an external examination.
The second section introduces the different types of external tests that we, as teachers, are expected to help students prepare for. Throughout this section, I have learned about the most common external tests that students aim to take, such as:
- TOEFL (commonly used for admission purposes by universities)
- IELTS (commonly used by universities, employers and immigration authorities and professional bodies)
- TOEIC (used to assess "workplace" English proficiency)
- The five categories of Cambridge Exams; KET, PET, FCE, CAE and CPE (mostly used for work/study purpose)
- BEC (used to assess one's proficiency in Business English)
- BULATS (used to assess one's proficiency in Business English)
- ESOL Skills for Life (designed for non-native speakers of English who want to settle in the UK to help them navigate everyday's needs)