Dover Base Housing, Delaware TESOL Online & Teaching English Jobs
Do you want to be TEFL or TESOL-certified in Delaware? Are you interested in teaching English in Dover Base Housing, Delaware? Check out our opportunities in Dover Base Housing, Become certified to Teach English as a Foreign Language and start teaching English in your community or abroad! Teflonline.net offers a wide variety of Online TESOL Courses and a great number of opportunities for English Teachers and for Teachers of English as a Second Language.
Here Below you can check out the feedback (for one of our units) of one of the 16.000 students that last year took an online course with ITTT!
This unit focuses on the two main receptive skills; reading and listening.
Throughout this unit, I have learned that there are two main reasons for listening/reading (for a specific purpose or for pure entertainment). I have also learned that readers and listeners tend to use the following specialist skills while reading/listening:
- Predictive skill
- Detailed Information
- Deduction from Context
Finally, in this unit, I have also learned the basic keys to successful receptive skills teaching, such as:
- Use a variety to topics over a period of time to motivate the students
- Build interest before reading/listening with the proper activity during the engage phase.
- Pre-teach any vocabulary that might cause problems before the listening/reading activity.
- Use realistic comprehension tasks that aids understanding
- Incorporate activate phases that lead on from the text/recording.
- Select a variety of authentic/non-authentic text if applicable, non-authentic texts should contain material that are more suited to the students' language abilities.