Big Stone Beach, Delaware TESOL Online & Teaching English Jobs
Do you want to be TEFL or TESOL-certified in Delaware? Are you interested in teaching English in Big Stone Beach, Delaware? Check out our opportunities in Big Stone Beach, Become certified to Teach English as a Foreign Language and start teaching English in your community or abroad! Teflonline.net offers a wide variety of Online TESOL Courses and a great number of opportunities for English Teachers and for Teachers of English as a Second Language.
Here Below you can check out the feedback (for one of our units) of one of the 16.000 students that last year took an online course with ITTT!
This unit can be divided into two different sections; the first section mainly focuses on describing the different methods of TEFL teaching, which includes:
- Presentation, Practice & Production
- Community Language Learning
- Task-Based Learning
- The Silent way
- Engage, Study & Activate (ESA Method)
The second section of this unit gives us an in-depth focus on the method called "ESA", which often considered the most suitable method for trainees and new teachers. The ESA method has the following three phases:
- Engage phase: This is the stage in which the teacher will try to motivate students, get them interested, and involve them in the lesson.
- Study phase: At this stage, the students will actually be learning the language and how it's constructed.
- Activate phase: This is stage where the student is encouraged to use the language points they know through an activity.
Throughout this unit, I have learned the different activities that I could use for each stage of the ESA method, as well as the different order in which I can plan my lesson (also called Straight Arrow, Boomerang & Patchwork):
For instance, if I wish to plan a lesson using the "Straight Arrow" pattern:
- In the Engage Phase, I would pair up the students, ask each student to describe his partner with 6-8 adjectives, and name 5-6 objects his partner possess in his room.
- In the Study Phase, I would teach students about the grammar/vocabulary they need to describe a person ("to be", "to have", "vocabulary describing locations")
- In the Activate Phase, I will ask the partner to make complete sentences using the grammar/vocabulary they have just learned.