The number of students across the world learning English online is growing at a rapid rate and may soon overtake the number of students learning the language in a more traditional classroom setting. With this in mind, we have specifically designed our Certificate in Teaching English Online course to prepare you for this unique teaching environment. The course will build on the existing knowledge you have gained from a standard TEFL certification course so you are ready to start work in the online field.
As well as all the specific content relating to online teaching that you will receive during the course, on completion you will also receive access to our CTEO graduate network. Through this network of former trainees who are now working as online teachers throughout the world, you should find a wide range of benefits that will help you get started on your own online career path.
CTEO Target Group
This course is designed for those who are already TEFL/TESOL or equivalent certified.
The course is designed for anyone who is currently working or intends to work within the field of teaching English online.
No previous experience or training in teaching English online is required to complete this course.
For a full learning experience we highly recommend the tutored version of this course as it comes with the invaluable support and guidance of an online tutor for the duration of your studies. Anytime you have any questions or encounter any problems with any part of your study, you can contact your tutor who will respond via email with all the help you need within one working day.
CTEO Course Units
- Unit 1: Course Introduction
- Unit 2: Equipment
- Unit 3: Working Options
- Unit 4: Teachers and Learners
- Unit 5: Social Media
- Unit 6: The Online Teaching World
As you work your way through the materials you will need to complete a small comprehension test after each of the units. Rather than having to reach a specific score on each test, the pass rate for the course requires an average score of 75% across all the course units. Once you have worked through the initial six units, you then submit a summative task for assessment by an online tutor.
As this is a flexible distance learning course, there is no fixed timetable of study. You get to choose when and how long you study, right up to a maximum limit of six months.
CTEO Course Aims
Upon successfully completing the Certificate in Teaching English Online, course graduates should be able to:
- Discuss and evaluate the process of teaching English online using industry standard terminology.
- Create a curriculum based on an assessment of their learners' needs.
- Have real-world ideas for creating individual lessons that are tailored to the student's requirements, while also having clear ideas on how to execute the lessons to a wide spectrum of target online individuals or groups.
- Locate and create suitable materials for teaching English online.
- Develop assessment procedures for before, during and after the course.
- Understand the role of the English teacher in a wide variety of scenarios.
- Identify and pursue further opportunities for career development.
In order to take this specialized course you need to have already completed a TEFL certification course of at least 120-hours duration, either with ITTT or any other course provider. If you are already TEFL certified and would like to add this extra qualification to your portfolio, you can apply using the following link/form.
If you are yet to complete a TEFL certification course, the best option is to sign up for one of our great value course packages. The course in teaching English online (CTEO) is included in our 550-hour Expert Package.. For full details of this popular course option follow the link below.