Teaching Assistant Roles in Chile For TEFL Graduates
Are you a recent TEFL qualified graduate looking for an opportunity to work overseas? Are you considering a career in teaching? Would you like to become part of a team working hard to make their school the school of choice? The International Schools Partnership (ISP) is a growing group of committed colleagues in financially responsible schools around the world, all of which aim to be the school of choice in their local area. We have an exciting opportunity for you; we are currently recruiting Graduate Learning Assistants for our schools in Santiago, Chile.
Graduate Language Assistants work as full-time members of support staff in a school assisting with the day to day teaching and learning of the children under the direction and supervision of a fully qualified teacher. You will be asked to help and support the teaching, learning and development of our children and provide extracurricular activity support. This is an ideal opportunity for a newly qualified TEFL teacher.
In boarding schools, GLAs may be asked, on a rota basis, support, supervise and lead our boarding children. This will include evening duties and occasional weekend duties as required by the school. There is also an expectation that the GLA will play a full and active part in the school’s clubs and extracurricular activities.
Successful applicants will be appointed to a school on a fixed-term basis. Typical placements are around 9-12 months in duration but can be as long as 18 months.
After successful completion of the initial placement, GLAs may be able to apply for and complete a Teacher Training qualification (international PGCE) in one of our schools with a view to becoming a permanent teacher with us.
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
• Providing English support to children with reading and writing as well as verbal and listening skills on an individual, class and / or small group basis
• Providing classroom support in the school
• Helping to develop programmes of learning activities and adapting appropriate learning materials
• Introducing UK contemporary culture through classroom and extracurricular activities
• Motivating and encouraging pupils, providing extra help and support where needed
• Attending school events as reasonably requested by the Headteacher
• Assisting with school events, trips and activities throughout the week and occasionally on a weekend
• Attending meetings and reviews
• Assisting with marking and correcting work
• Assisting and supporting with marketing initiatives at schools, ISP and student recruitment campaigns
• Providing occasional sickness cover for classes taught in English as reasonably requested by the head teacher
• Providing English support to international teachers as required
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
This is a paid placement. In addition return flights, accommodation and travel insurance will also be covered.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post holders are therefore subject to appropriate vetting procedures and satisfactory Criminal Background Checks or equivalent covering their previous employment including:
An enhanced DBS disclosure / police check from country of residence / birth and any country of residence within the last 10 years.
The receipt of at least two satisfactory references (one of which must be your university tutor and the other your current / most recent employer).
Original ID documentation and examination certificates.
To be successful, you will be:
• a fluent English speaker – previous experience of TESOL or TEFL would be an advantage
• a university graduate, ideally with an education degree
• demonstrably interested in a teaching career
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested and satisfy the above, please send your CV together with a covering email to the address given on the job heading.
Your email should expand upon your interest in teaching and why you feel you are the perfect candidate for us.