Ashland, Wisconsin TESOL Online & Teaching English Jobs
Do you want to be TEFL or TESOL-certified in Wisconsin? Are you interested in teaching English in Ashland, Wisconsin? Check out our opportunities in Ashland, Become certified to Teach English as a Foreign Language and start teaching English in your community or abroad! Teflonline.net offers a wide variety of Online TESOL Courses and a great number of opportunities for English Teachers and for Teachers of English as a Second Language.
Here Below you can check out the feedback (for one of our units) of one of the 16.000 students that last year took an online course with ITTT!
Teaching Receptive Skills
Reading and Listening: why?
• For a purpose (reading instructions/listening to directions)
• For entertainment (reading a novel for leisure/listening to your friend tell a joke)
How we read and listen
• Predictive skills - headline allows you to predict contents of an article
• Specific information - Look in the newspaper to find results of a game
• General idea- skimming- listen/read for the gist of something
• Detailed information - detailed directions on how to get somewhere
• Deduction from context - no smoking zone = not just literal meaning
Pre-teaching vocabulary - teach words that are essential for students to understand in order to grasp the meaning of the material.
Careful selection of texts - teach a variety of different materials.