Due to the rapid growth of global business practices, the ability to speak English in the work place has become an increasingly sought after skill. Because of this continuing trend, the demand for teachers who are qualified to teach English in the field of business is rapidly increasing and it is now one of the fastest growing markets in the TEFL industry. Completing a specialized qualification in this field will not only increase your overall knowledge and skills, it will also increase your employment options all over the world.
To become an effective business English teacher it is not at all necessary to have prior experience or an extensive knowledge of the business world as the majority of the language skills you teach will be much the same as for any other language learner. However, there are certain needs that are specific to this field, and through this course you will learn how to adapt your existing knowledge and skills to suit them.
CTBE Target Group
- This course is designed for those who are already TEFL/TESOL or equivalent certified.
- The course is designed for teachers who are currently working or intend to work within the field of business English.
- No previous experience or training in business education is required to complete this course.
By choosing the tutored option you will receive access to the support and assistance of our experienced online tutors for the duration of the course. You will be able to contact a tutor at any time with any questions or problems you may have, and they will respond with helpful advice via email within one working day.
CTBE Course Units
- Unit 1: Course Introduction
- Unit 2: Teaching and Learning
- Unit 3: Course Development
- Unit 4: Materials
- Unit 5: Teaching Themes
- Unit 6: The business English world
- Summative Task
This course follows the same online structure as our main 60-hour and 120-hour TEFL courses. Once you have fully studied the material for each unit, your understanding of it will be assessed before you move on to the next unit. On completing the test you should check your answers and review your work. When you have successfully completed all units, by scoring 75% or more on average, you will then complete a final task.
You will have up to six months to complete all the sections of this course, and within this time frame you are free to work at whatever pace you set. Once you have successfully completed all of the course units and the lesson plan, you will receive your online Certificate in Teaching Business English.
CTBE Course Aims
Upon successful completion of the Certificate in Teaching Business English, graduates should be able to:
- Use industry standard terminology to discuss and evaluate the process of teaching English in a business environment.
- Develop a course syllabus based on the specific needs of their own students.
- Create practical, effective lesson plans with clear ideas on how to deliver them to different student groups.
- Choose resources and create materials that are suitable for a business English lesson.
- Design assessment strategies for use before, during and after a course.
- Fully understand the role of a business English teacher in a variety of teaching situations and classroom environments.
- Use their knowledge of the industry to identify and pursue good opportunities for career development.
special price on offer from