Although English teaching jobs can be found in large numbers in most parts of the world, it is the field of online English teaching that has seen some of the biggest increases in opportunities in recent times. It seems almost inevitable that the number of students enrolling on online English courses will outstrip those joining regular classroom courses in the coming years. For anyone wanting to take advantage of this relatively new form of teaching, our CTEO course provides all you need to successfully adapt your existing teaching skills to suit this unique market.
On top of all the skills and knowledge that the CTEO course provides, successful completion will also result in exclusive access to our network of CTEO course graduates who are currently working for all the top employers in countries worldwide.
CTEO Target Group
This course is designed for teachers who are already TEFL/TESOL or equivalent certified.
The course is aimed at anyone who is currently working or intends to work within the field of teaching English online.
Previous experience or training in teaching English online is not required to complete this course.
CTEO Course Units
- Unit 1: Course Introduction
- Unit 2: Equipment
- Unit 3: Working Options
- Unit 4: Teachers and Learners
- Unit 5: Social Media
- Unit 6: The Online Teaching World
Each of the six initial course units concludes with a short online test to make sure you have fully absorbed all of the material. Once you are happy with your answers you can submit them and then move onto the following unit. In order to receive your course certificate you need to achieve an overall average of 75% across all of the six online tests. The final stage requires you to submit a summative task for assessment by an online tutor.
As many of our trainees also have other work, study, or family commitments we are able to offer a great deal of flexibility within the time frame of this course. You are free to choose how and when you study as long as you complete all the course units within a maximum six month period.
CTEO Course Aims
Upon successfully completing the Certificate in Teaching English Online, course graduates should be able to:
- Discuss and evaluate the process of teaching English online using industry standard terminology.
- Create a curriculum based on an assessment of their learners' needs.
- Have real-world ideas for creating individual lessons that are tailored to the student's requirements, while also having clear ideas on how to execute the lessons to a wide spectrum of target online individuals or groups.
- Locate and create suitable materials for teaching English online.
- Develop assessment procedures for before, during and after the course.
- Understand the role of the English teacher in a wide variety of scenarios.
- Identify and pursue further opportunities for career development.
special price on offer from