"Like" us to connect with other students, watch videos, see job offers and even get special discounts.
250-hour TESOL diploma course no tutor (+ free course)
The online TEFL Diploma course is our most advanced online TEFL certification. This course is designed for teachers who are already TEFL certified and who want to further their training and knowledge by gaining a higher qualification.
There are many good reasons to take our online TEFL Diploma course including:
- To enhance your development and knowledge as an EFL teacher.
- The potential to earn a higher income.
- The opportunity to obtain a more prestigious teaching position.
TEFL Diploma Course Content
The course is divided into 11 separate modules as outlined below:
- Course outline
- Module 1: Study Skills
- Module 2: A Brief History of ELT
- Module 3: Second Language Acquisition
- Module 4: Course Design
- Module 5: Discourse Analysis
- Module 6: Material Design
- Module 7: Phonology
- Module 8: Assessment Methods
- Module 9: Classroom Management
- Module 10: Embedding Learning Technologies
- Module 11: Continuing Professional Development
- Summative Task (Thesis)
All course modules require roughly 21 hours of study. The final summative task is a research-based thesis which generally requires about 20 hours of study. Therefore, you should expect the course to take around 250 hours to complete.
TESOL/TEFL Diploma Course Aims
The online TESOL/TEFL Diploma course is designed to give you a clearer understanding of your role as an EFL teacher and covers a wide variety of subjects, from material design to different learning theories.
As you progress through the course you should find that you gradually improve your general research skills and your overall writing ability. You should also develop several other transferable skills that you will find useful both in and out of the classroom.
Diploma Course Assessment
Your understanding of the course will be continuously assessed as you work through the modules. After you have studied each individual module you will complete a multiple choice test that covers the information from that section. Your answers for each module test will be automatically marked and the results displayed on a bar chart. This assessment procedure will apply to all eleven of the course modules. To finish the course you will need to submit a research thesis as outlined in the summative task.
Upon successful completion of the eleven course modules and the summative task, you will receive your online TESOL/TEFL Diploma certificate.
TESOL/TEFL Diploma Course Pre-requisites
To enrol on this advanced level course you must:
- Have completed a TESOL/TEFL or equivalent certificate course.
- Be or have been a practicing teacher.
- Be able to finish all the course content and projects within one year.
Post Course Job Guidance
At ITTT we pledge to provide all the help and assistance we can to ensure you find a TEFL job once you have completed your course. This includes the following:
- Resume/CV preparation guidance.
- How to find TEFL employment vacancies.
- How to best apply for TEFL jobs.
- Interview preparation guidance.
We will provide this assistance and more for the duration of your teaching career.
TESOL/TEFL Diploma Special Offer:
Enrol on our online TESOL/TEFL Diploma course before the end of this month and receive a 120-hour TEFL certificate course free of charge. Diploma course applicants that are already TESOL/TEFL certified can choose either the CTEYL or CTBE courses as their free course option.